Monday, September 2, 2013

The Lord is blessing us with people to teach

Thanks so much for the wonderful letter that you all sent to me, I'm glad that everyone had a great week and I'm glad that school is going well for everyone.

So to tell you a little bit about my week,

First we weren’t able have the baptism of J-- this last week, she still needs preparation and to take care of some things, but we are looking for this week, A--'s dad has also been coming to church and is preparing to baptize his daughter, so we are excited for that!!

This last week was a crazy one because on Tuesday we headed to San Isidro for the monthly leaders council with us ZL's, Pres and the AP's, both elders and sisters, it was great. We were able to meet the new area doctor and his wife, that would be a crazy mission, lots of travel. Then we spent a good amount of time talking about the monthly goal, we finally put it at 155 which would be breaking the all time September record, though President wants to break the all time mission record of 200, but he wants to build up to that. Then we were treated to an American bbq, but Argentine style, what I'm trying to say is that it wasn’t either the normal Argentine or American bbq, only that it was a combination of both. The meat was a little burnt but excellent, it was fun to see all of my mission friends again.

Wednesday we had the Zone meeting where we discussed the topics from the council and then we again were working through what should be our zone goal, the whole zone got excited to go for the all time mission goal of a zone in one month, 43, so we put our goal at 44!! So we are super excited because since they split 3 zones, us and one other zone are the biggest in regards to the amount of missionaries, and this month there are 5 Sundays in order to baptize, so all of the signs are in our favor, now we just need to go and find!! This last week as a zone we had 10 baptisms and so that was a good first week, right now we are only waiting for 5 this next week but there are a lot of possibilities.
 
Friday, so we did divisions with Vucetich so that we could interview their baptisms that they had, so Elder Popoca came with me and we had a great day, we made lots of empanadas and we ate them with a type of guacamole, delicious, then we had a good day teaching lots of people.
 
Saturday morning I had to go early out to San Ignacio to do some interviews and all morning I was doing that.

Sunday we got up early, it's fast Sunday and I'm not going to lie, it was hard not eating anything, luckily in church I was able to teach the Gospel Principles class about Fasting and that helped me remind myself of why I fast. 5 people came to church for us and there were a lot more that weren’t members but they live in another ward and they didn’t have interest in receiving the missionaries. We are trying to improve as a mission in only counting those that count. It's too big of a problem that missionaries have thinking that they need to have a lot of numbers, really high numbers, but honestly the numbers don’t help us if they aren’t true. But the Lord is blessing us with people to teach, this last week we only found 3 new investigators and two of them were yesterday, but they both accepted dates and we will see their progress.
 
To relate a miracle from last week was actually just last night. Our final appointment had fallen through and we had no one to go to, so we decided to say a prayer right there in the street and ask God where he wants us to go. So we felt like we should knock the door of some former investigator that lived right there, nobody answered, so then the thought came to my  mind to go and visit a recent convert that lived right around the corner, and it turned out that her friend was there and we were able to teach her and she accepted a date, so we were grateful for the blessing.
 
MOM!!! Love you!!  Good job with work and helping all of the those little kids behave, I can't believe that some kids are starting schooling so early, but that just goes to show how well of a teacher you were to us because you taught us everything!! Reading, writing, spelling, math, the gospel, and we were more well behaved, right? ;)
 
Sounds like a crazy week, really busy, but hey the days are flying when youre busy. Haha, I remember the cleaning your room talks from you guys, luckily I'm a neater person and I'm pretty good at keeping it clean. :) haha

Just yesterday we ate an asado and I ate blood sausage, don’t try it, it's disgusting. I'm not going to lie haha, but it’s a good culture experience. We ate well this last week, everything from Paraguayan soup to arroz chaufa, empanadas, the bbq at the mission house. I'm starting to round up haha. I'll need to run a lot when I get home!! We taught 18 lessons with a member this week. :)

Well, I love you all so, so much, have a great labor day and keep praying for me that I can perseverar hasta el fin!!!

Love,
Elder Ryan Pittard




So to explain, on Friday we were making empanadas, I was frying them in the pan and I miss handled one and it splashed down into the pan and splattered my finger with burning oil. Elder Popoca, we were on divisions, told me to put tooth paste on it so that there wouldn't be any marks or so it wouldn't sting, and it worked! And the empanadas were delicious!!!
 
and to explain the pic of me just totally tired after a long day of work, well that just explains it :)
 
 
 
So here's a cool view of our church that I snapped real quick, every time that I take my camera around there's the danger of it being stolen, but I'm able to show how the church is in Argentina. It's actually a light to this dark place, just misunderstood lots of times. Though the missionary effort is paying off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment