Monday, September 9, 2013

I think that they were angels of God sent to bless this precious family through their faith

Hey there how's it going? First of all thanks for the wonderful letters and notes and for the pics!

Well today I forgot my camera so next week I'll have to send you a bunch of pics, of the baptism and the sealing!! That was awesome!! More on that later, and just the normal week that I had. All of the
weeks are basically the same and I've gotten so accostomed to the schedule that it's going by even faster. I can't believe that I'm writing to you again, and that another week has passed.

So to start off, last Monday we played soccer, I had a header to score a goal, kinda cool and then we had our cita with J--.  All week she just wasn't sure of a decision, she would say one thing one day and then another thing another day. She never said no, but didn't say yes, yes!! I want to get baptized right now! Those are the best ;) But we kept on inviting her to pray and read and to keep preparing. She passed her interview on Friday and Sunday barely made it to Sacrament meeting so that she could be baptized. But she was shaking as we were in the water, so I had to calm her down and then I had to dunk her deep so that all of her bushy hair and her wide dress made it all underneath. She came up and just turned to me like she wanted to give me a hug. Sometimes I wish I could just to congratulate them, but we just stood their in the water for like 5 seconds and then she came out
smiling it was a great feeling!! Honestly, yesterday was just like any other day, I've been doing this for so long that sometimes the moment doesn't get to me as much, but every time that we are blessed by God to have a baptism, I am grateful for everything!!

Tuesday, we were running to pick up a lunch from a sister and we found the street, a part of the map that we´ve never been to, and we felt the strongest impression to talk to a family sitting outside on their gate, so after we picked up the food we went over and started a conversation, they were nice enough to listen for a bit but turns out that they are strong Atheists and didn't want to accept another visit. As we were walking away we felt the strongest impression to turn around and ask them for a refferrel, (or however you spell it in English) haha, and so we obeyed and we asked them and they directed us to a house across the street, we were tempted to come back another day, we were so hungry and it was hot!, but we went and contacted the house. At first there wasn't an answer, then we insisted on knocking on the window and this lady answered through the window and we starting
sharing with her what we do. She was accepting everything and wanted us to pass by again. She accepted a baptismal date right there on the spot!! Her name is E--. We were so excited and glad to have followed the impressions of the Spirit.

Then the next day we passed by and we were able to meet her mom, and turns out that the day that we had met E--, they had been doubting God and wondering if He really was there. The mom´s
husband died of diabetes 2 years before. They were very receptive, haha bought us a pizza, and we were able to teach them about the Plan of Salvation, and as we were teaching they were like
this is what I was needing to hear. Oh man, when I heard that come out of their mouths I was just rushed over by the Spirit and I was just so happy to be there and share with them, they said that they already had the pamphlet of the Plan of Salvation, we asked them and this is the story that they told us:

Interesting story that I think is really cool and shows how prepared the people are from the Lord. So E-- has 2 daughters a 15 year old, and a 13 year old.  When the oldest daughter was 1 yrs old, she got really sick and they were in the hospital for many days. It finally got to the point that the doctors told the mom and gma that the baby would probably die by midnight of that day. M--, the gma, was so sad and angry with God that she climbed to the top of the hospital and prayed at the highest point, a window at the top. She was so worried and emotional that she was like God, why do you have to take away my granddaughter, if you don't save her life and she dies I'm going to jump off the top of this hospital (crazy right?) She then says that she heard a voice behind her, she looked around and there were two men standing there, they told her, "Your granddaughter will be alright, she will live. Then they gave her the pamphlet, then directed her view to the ground below. And there they were, her E-- walking out of the hospital with Y-- in her arms. She was so excited that she rushed downstairs to see the baby. E-- said that while M-- was away two men came into the room telling them that it would be alright and that they could give the baby a blessing by the laying on of hands, they gave her a blessing and immediately she was better.  Everyone was so happy and excited, she went running with the baby to find the gma, they found each other and told each other their side of the story. They realized that it was the same two men that had comforted them and helped them. So they wanted to find the men and thank them for what they did, they searched everywhere and asked everyone but
they couldn't find them anywhere... wow, crazy no?

They remembered this experience and connected it when in Relief Society they talked about the laying on of hands. They don't remember if they were wearing name tags or not, but I think that they were angels of God sent to bless this precious family through their faith. I'll have to ask them to write it down, I only heard the story from Elder Gonzales, but the same, they are still very prepared. Now the thing is that we aren't sure where M-- lives, she doesn't live in that house that we have been visiting and E-- isn't married, but her two daughters we can baptize and we are working with her about that. But I know that the Lord will answer the prayer of faith of any of His children, I'm glad to be a part of His work.

So that was just the beginning of the week! Friday I had to do a difficult interview with a girl that was having suicidal thoughts, tough family situation, she still has to prepare for her baptism. But that was sad and to just see this daughter of God just sad and miserable, she doesn't show it outwardly but after a few questions she broke down. I tried to help her through the scriptures, but I couldn't seem to connect to her, that's what made it more harder for me. But that same night J-- passed her interview and so that cheered me up. :)

Saturday was a great day! So we got up on time and we were at the train station by 8:00am, we took the train 5 stations and then we took a long distance bus for an hour to get to the temple. We got there at 9:45am, I was told that everything started at 11:00am, so I thought, hey, we had a ton of time. But we entered and found out that it started at 9:30 and that we had gotten there late. So we went back to go and change, and we enter the locker room and there is one of the brothers from Savio and for our luck it had been postponed to 11:00. Turns out the sealing was supposed to be at 11:00, but we were able to go through the temple with Hmo y Hma C--, A-- (their daughter) and her husband G--, which I had the privilege to help him get baptized just over a year ago. Then as we were in the Celestial room we went striaght to the Sealing room and A-- and G-- were sealed and then Hmo and Hma C-- were sealed and then the rest of the family entered all dressed in white and they all knelt down around the altar and they were all sealed as a family!! :) It was an awesome experience that I'll never forget, also it was my first sealing, so that was interesting to see. I didn't cry, just because I don't normally cry, only for manly stuff like 17 Miracles and when BYU loses. Then it was also
raining a ton down here to on Saturday, the whole travel down there it was raining a ton, when we left the temple it was raining a lot, but it stopped just enough to allow us to take a couple of pics :) It was great to see like half the ward again and Elder Solum went straight to the airport from there. He had extened his mission for a month to be able to be at the sealing. What a way to finish the mission!! So then we took forever to get home, our lunch was 3 alfajores. ;) We are surviving down here.

So the rain made it all super muddy and now my shoes are muddy again.  It reminds me a lot of Savio. I'll try and be better at taking care of my shoes this time around. :)

So that was my week. Oh, the zone baptized 6 and confirmed 10, so now we are at 16b and 10c, so we still have 3 weeks to shoot for the goal.  This weekend we are expecting 8 baptisms, so here we go. This weekend we are expecting 3 ourselves. A-- is still preparing for her baptism, the dad is super excited to baptize her, he was inviting everyone yesterday at church. He really wants to baptize her and has done his part. Also, we are expecting to baptize two other kids from a part member family.

I love you all and thanks for sharing this moment with me. I hope that you all have a great week and I know that the Lord is watching over each and everyone of us where ever we are in the world.

Love,
Elder Ryan Pittard


No comments:

Post a Comment