Monday, January 21, 2013

We were able to do a session in the temple

Well hey there :)

Thanks so much for the wonderful letter, you all are so so amazing and I love seeing your personalities in all of you notes. We had a good week and it really flew by.

So to explain the pics.

The first one is my first district. Me and Elder Johnson in Constitución,
Elder Harrison and Elder Sweeney in San Cristobal and Hma Gutierrez and Hma
Sanchez in Almagro. They were an awesome district and they really worked
hard this last transfer. They honestly don't need my counsel or knowledge,
they just go out there and do it :)

The pic was taken after our last district meeting in the capilla of Almagro.


 

The second pic was from the temple!!! it was totally awesome!!!!


I really enjoyed it and we got to be there with the missionaries that were going home. So I got to see Elder Secretan again. There were like 35 missionaries. We got up at 5:30 am to take two buses to get out there. We got there and I was able to buy some stuff from the distrubution center.  In the session I was able to understand everything, though it was in vosotros, which is the uncommon latin america form of speaking but it is the scripture language in spanish. Then afterwards, we took a group pic and then got home by 2 pm after about an hour bus ride.
Last monday we went to a super touristy place called Caminito, I was able to get a really nice messi jersey and I'll definitely go back before I go home. Then on tuesday we had the district meeting and we had great lessons with a new investigator, he accepted a baptismal date after we talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ. He didn't make it to church but we will keep it up with him. Then we went and taught B-- and we gave him the basic Lesson 1 about the apostasy and the restoration. He thought that it was interesting and then we challenged him to read, ponder and pray about the BofM and he accepted and then he accepted a date also.

Wednesday  we found out that San Cristobal would be moving into our pension and that the offices are looking for a new place for us. On Thursday they moved in, i feel like im back in Juncal when we had to move places. We are super packed and we are learning how to figure everything out. Then Friday was the temple and that was fun but we had to get up early, oh well a little sacrifice for all of the blessings.

Saturday we had an interesting experience with L-- and R--. They on Friday had a little fight between them, and L-- what a great guy that he is. Instead of freaking out and throwing it all away, he went to the Lord in prayer and they were able to talk it out and then we talked it out even more when we
went over on Saturday.

Sunday we had church, and the R-- Family didn't come. Then we went to the despedida and it was fun to see Elder Secretan again and it's crazy to think that he will be home tomorrow. Oh how the time flies. Also, I was able to see all of the youth from Savio, I wasn't able to officially say goodbye so it was good to see them again. I still can't believe that 6 weeks have passed already.

Today we played soccer at San Cristobal.

Sorry for the lame letter this week, I'm kind of rushing it, we got to email late, but just know that I know that the church is true and that JosephSmith was a prophet of God and that Thomas S Monson is the prophet today. I love this gospel and I'm glad for the truth and the blessings that it brings
me. :) I love you all so so much and I hope that you have a great week. :)

Love,
Elder Ryan Pittard

No comments:

Post a Comment