Monday, January 7, 2013

We found new people to teach, and it was really exciting

Hey there familia! comó están?

Wow what a fun time to write to you all :) I loved your spirit and enthusiasm to write to me and to make me feel special down here in Constitución. We had a great week and a couple of surprises for you guys. First these pics are from Elder Stewart's camera, they are from his birthday.
 


 
Fun memories from Savio, with the knife and the balloon, the balloon had flour in it and it got all over his hair, fun tradition. Then eating cake is always a stress releiving experience. :)
 
The other pics are of my new comp, Elder Johnson from Springville UT and he is not a visa waiter. He actually was supposed to come 3 weeks before on Dec 10th but didn't get his visa until after Christmas. So he is part of the mission and is a stud, he is learning the language and it brings back memories of when I got to Palermo almost one year ago!
 
 
Then yes the baptism went down yesterday, haha funny story. So we get to the church and we start filling the font, at the end of the second hour, it's full and ready to go. So I turn off the water and go upstairs for sacrament meeting. Then we start the baptismal service with the songs and talks and then we head down stairs and we are taking pics. Then after like one pic Elder DeFriez from the Boca (we share the same church, he's now a ZL, but I'll tell you in a few) came up to me and told me that there wasn't any water in the font! I was like what!? I filled it up! So in the middle of the pics I'm going around like crazy trying to get people organized to start filling up the font. So only one good pic was taken with me in it, because meanwhile they were obliviously taking pics haha, so I'm having to borrow a pic from my comp's camera.
 

 
So it filled just high enough to work in 20 minutes and so we went through with the baptism. So there is opposition in all things. :)
 
My comp was able to baptism J-- and so that was a great first week experience. Yeah K-- was baptized on the 16th of Dec, he introduced J-- to us :) he's 15 yrs old and J-- is 18. This last week we did find new people to teach and it was really exciting. We found this man named L-- and he came to church and bore his testimony. He was like I just love the feeling that I feel here, and he wants to continue listetning. His girl friend is a member from Paraguay and they just recently had a baby like a week ago. That's what softened his heart and now he is starting to know the truth. It was awesome, I was able to have Elder Johnson extend the invitation to be baptized to L-- and so that was a great experience for him.
 
We found L-- through his girl friend, R--, who stopped us on the street. We passed by her house and her boy friend was there so we started talking to him. He's really cool and taught himself to play the guitar and he showed us one of his songs that he composed by himself and it sounded legit. So we are going to be putting goals with them to be getting married.
Here we don't really do street contacts, we do, but we mostly focus on getting into peoples' houses, like the recent converts and the less actives and then finding new investigators through their friends and family. It is having success. :)

I don't really miss the bike, yeah it saved traveling costs but it was always breaking down haha, and now my butt doesn't hurt that bad. New Year's Eve was quiet, I didn't wake up, I was with Elder Gonzalez and we bought a sprite and mixed it with apple juice powder and so it was sparkling cider. :) Then we traveled to the mission house on Tuesday and there I listened in on another Zone Conf, I had to translate for an elder and hermana because President was teaching in English for the new missionaries. There were three Americans that arrived, 2 elders. Then when the zone left we ate a roast with Pres, just us the trainers and the new missionaries and the AP's so that was super awesome. It felt like an American dinner. :)
 
With all of the changes we had last week, it was like a mini transfers day, lots of people moved around and Elder DeFriez ended up as a ZL in the Boca, he was already there as a DL, so it's exciting for him. My interviews with President on Thursday went great, it's different as a DL, we talked about the district and what were specifically my roles as the DL.
Sorry for all of the cold, yeah I can't even imagine that kind of cold right now!
 
Oh, I recieved Dustin's Christmas letter and I thought that it was really cute, and also a card from his parents, tell them thanks for now because my card writing will be slow for the next couple of months, it's just hard to find time. :)
 
I love you all so so much. :) Have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Ryan Pittard

No comments:

Post a Comment