Monday, July 22, 2013

We are surviving the deadly cold, a little exagerration but still...haha

Hey there, how's it going? :)  We are fine down here and we are surviving the deadly cold, alright exagerration but still... haha

Well, I'm doing great and I have some crazy news as well. So Tuesday night we got a call from the assistants informing us that Pres wanted every companionship of ZL`s to train the new incoming elders that were waiting for their visas and so for at least three weeks we are going to be cramped in our tiny pension with two more elder, buy they are great, Elder Calderon is my trainee for three weeks and he is from Santa Cruz, Bolivia and was waiting in the Cochebamba mission for 4 months. Elder Popoca from Puebla, Mexico is with Elder Gonzales, we are still comps but we are basically doing divisions everyday with them.

So now that brings up new problems that were not forseen. We first have two hungry mouths in the pension and all of the snacks quickly went away and we now are having to save the little food that we have until the end of the month, we have lunches almost everyday but we will have to hold out until the end of the month, also we will have to clean the clothes and be walking a lot more. So this will either be a very long week or a short week, depends on the attitude, right? haha So hopefully I have money to write to you guys next week. haha I think that I should.

Also, we received a second phone but the other group of elders frankly unwilling lost the other cell phone that very same night, so we still have one phone for the 4 of us, and then we are having two elders shower at night and two in the morning so that everyone can have a hot shower. So a lot changed this last week, haha but I'm learning how to handle the new situation and then analize it and then make the best decisions, just like in life right? This is reminding me a lot of living 4 elders in one tiny apartment in Juncal and Constitucion, so we should be fine.

So crazy story mom, that's awesome that you were able to see Tanner walking by, haha. I'm sure that you were happy about that. I'm glad that everyone had a great week and enjoyed the weather and activities. That's awesome that Tanner called so early, but I'm sure that he sounds really great and that he's ready for the challenges that will meet him in just a couple of hours. But he'll do fine and succeed. And yes he responded to my email that I sent him and he sounded fine, but I can't wait to see pics and read his first email home

So to tell you about the area. So we are not dividing the area, except that we are 4 missionaries in the same area and we can go where ever and work with whomever, but we do have areas where we are working more, I've been sticking more around the church and Elder Gonzales has been in the back woods area, like 30 blocks behind the church. But I still could go back there to help them out in a cita and they have been here helping us out. We aren't using the bikes because of the weather, it was raining off and on last week and the cold just enters our clothes haha, but we are blessed to be in the houses of the people next to their heaters teaching them.
 
We prepared R-- and G-- for their baptisms and I went to a couple of areas to do interviews, as a zone there was 6 baptisms and so that was a great weekend for our zone. We had a productive week here because we were combing numbers because we are still the same area. Out of the 15 new inestigators, none of them are progressing, we have been finding alot but we need to find the prepared people. It was funny Saturday we had a tiny lunch with the bishop and then in our three visits that day we were fed something and so that was a small blessing from the Lord. This week we have our zone conference in Palermo, so I get to go back at least once more.
 
Well, I sure hope that you all have a great week and that you are enjoying the heat, I'm actually grateful for the cold because I don't like the heat as a missionary. haha
 
Have a great week and know that I'm fine. I love you all so so much!!
 
I know that the Church is true and I know that Jesus Christ himself leads and guides this church. I know that the prophet has the power and authority from God and that as we read, pray and go to church we will always be in the right path.
 
Enjoy the week and take care, love the pics that you sent!!
 
Love,
Elder Ryan Pittard  

So this is the baptism of R--, and yup as you can see we are 4 missionaries in JCP2, so we are enjoying that. Luckily the water was warm and so it wasn't super cold. The wind was killing me in this picture.
  

The baptism of G--, we were super excited for her because she was a contact in the street when we were lost heading to lunch, but she was super prepared and she's only 12 and I had the privilege to baptize her and luckily once again in warm water. :)

 
Here I am walking through the neighborhoods of JCP, a cloudy Sunday morning with the wind bearing down, it was a cold day. They said that at noon it was -4 degrees C so we are fine, but a lot colder than last year.
 

We ate lunch yesterday with them, she is member and he is not. They are from Peru but have been in BsAs for a long time. They live in a tiny wooden house in the middle of a field, really far away from the main route. We got lost trying to find this house yesterday, because they are all like that and we had never been before. But we ate some really good rice with chicken and salad and all topped in Peruvian hot sauce, but the Mexican elder says that there's even hotter hot sauce in Mexico. Yeah I'm kind of taller then everyone, that's pretty normal down here. Oh and it was there that we saw "snow flakes", it was also just starting to rain as well. We quickly went home and changed for the rest of the day, but we are surviving in this deadly weather. ;)
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment