Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm going to serve him out of brotherly love

Hey there,

I'm tired! We just got done playing soccer, I scored a lot, as well ;) but great to hear from you all.

So last week, I totally just went and played bball. We went to the church. First, a cool story of service. So a couple blocks from the church there is a cheap pizza place, 19 peso cheese pizza, and the guy was sweeping the floor when we arrived. Honestly without thinking, I was like hey I'm going to serve him out of brotherly love. So he put the broom down to go make our orders and so I picked up the broom and finished sweeping the floor. When he came back he was like, do you like doing that? haha I told him that I used to do this type of work all of the time, years of sweeping the kitchen floor and working at Trafalga. :) Then as I was finishing he was like so what are you charging? I was like nothing friend. Then I went to the bathroom I came out and with our two pizza boxes were two empanadas that he gave to us for free. :) So that was really nice of him. I wasn't looking for that, but hey look at the blessings of genuine service. :) Then we headed to the church and we were the only two there and so Elder Johnson just sat down in the chair and slept haha, we are tired, so I just played around like I used to back in the spring and summer back home all those years ago. I can't dunk the ball! dang it! haha I've lost my jumping ability. Oh well, but I feel like my shot is better, weird. Anyways, one of the young men just randomly showed up at the church and so we played some bball and I had Elder Johnson take pics and that was the coolest pic. Look at the form ;)  haha


 
Then we got back to the pension and I took a look out the window and what a cool looking sky, so I took a pic of it and I think that it's pretty cool. I don't know what conditions the weather has to be like to make clouds like that. I can't wait to see mountains again not just buildings in the landscape. :)


 
I'm glad that you finally got the pics, I waited a month to send them, it just never crossed my mind.  Yeah in provincia, or outside of the city, like Savio, they put metal baskets up for their garbage and to keep it away from the roaming dogs.    (the next few pics are from the CD of pics he sent to us)
 
 
 I once saw a shopping cart hung up haha. Then the garbage truck passes once a week to pick up the trash.

Yes, they love putting fresh fruit on their cakes. They make cakes different from us, they are still good, but I prefer American cakes. Yeah for my bday cake, we were wanting to spice it up and so we put a layer of dulce de leche and then we cut up banana and strawberry and it was really good!







celebrating my birthday on October 4th :-)  I had several cakes that day.
 
Well, now to my week. It was a week full of traveling and meetings.
 
Tuesday, I had a meeting in San Fernando with all of the leaders in the mission, we are recieving around 80 new missionaries within 9 weeks and we have 92 companionships in the mission and so lots of our Junior comps are going to be made trainers and leaders really soon. Oh I also heard from the secretary that it will only be this transfer with the shortened time, the rest will be normal so, my last Sunday will be Nov 2nd, and I'll be home the 4th.

Then that afternoon we headed to the villa. M-- and F-- weren't able to meet with us right at the appointed time and then we were walking away and a guy called us down and we went over and turns out that he had talked with the missionaries a while back and so we started talking to them all, him and his friend and then other guys were stopping and joining the conversation. We were in a small passageway and so it was funny to see a lot of different looking guys talking to two young men dressed in white shirts and  ties. We got talking to them and answering their questions and there was just a lot of confusion, because there was a couple of different religions represented and they weren't letting us talk, but when we were able to talk and testify of the Book of Mormon the spirit could be felt. One guy said that we could stop by his house, we haven't been able to just yet. But that was a fun experience talking religion in the villa in the street.

Then on Wednesday we had a zone meeting and we recieved the new phones, they are sleek, we have limited texting and limited calls and we have a camera. Then we did divisions and Elder LeBaron came over and Elder Johnson went over to the Boca. B-- dropped us after not being able to find him for a couple of weeks. B-- is progressing well, but he isn't married, we find out tonight if he has talked to his girlfriend.

Thursday was a normal day, we switched back comps after the meeting, the Junior comps had a meeting with pres in San Fernando.

Friday we went to San Fernando to pick up paperwork for Elder Johnson and we and his group went and did his paperwork for his DNI or Argentine papers. We started memorizing scriptures for every missionary teaching principle from every lesson, I've memorized so far 3 nefi 14:11 (of course all in spanish) Juan 3:16, 2 nefi 25:26, 3 nefi 18:21, amos 3:7 and Lucas 6:13.

Saturday, M-- and F-- fell through again, they are always gone, we will try a couple more times. L-- and R-- are doing well, they still are working on the paper work, but he is studying from the triple that we gave him and he his loving the gospel in his life. Their baby also got an infection from the vaccine shot that she got, it swelled up on her arm.

Sunday, only L-- came, B-- had to work at the last second, it's so frustrating! haha but 77 people came to church and we improved from the 61 of last week. Then last night there was a huge rain storm, it was building up and up, we were stuck in the dirt road villa and the wind started picking up and dust was going every where, then it started pouring and we had to walk home in the rain. We had to climb over cars and trash piles to avoid walking in ankle deep water in the streets. We got to the bus stop and we got on and we were the only two people that were soaked, so it just goes to show that we preach wherever and whenever. :)

I hope you all have a great week and have fun in the snow of Utah. haha I can't wait to hear from you again in a week. :)

I love you all!!!
 
Love,
Elder Ryan Pittard

No comments:

Post a Comment