Monday, November 12, 2012

We still have the hope that this is the week that we find new people

Hey there hows it going? :)

Thanks for the pics, those were fun to see. :) I loved seeing them, I'm glad that you have them now. Yeah the big group pic in the church was right before we were going to leave to listen to the three apostles that came. Then the other big group pic is us right after a rehearsal at the stadium, then we ate a bag lunch and waited until the program started. Then the other one of all of the new trainers sitting in the back room waiting to meet our new comps. Then the one of me and E Stewart is right after we met each other and we walked off down a hallway to get to know each other better. Then Hermana Gulbrandsen walked by and took a picture of us on their iPad.
 
About the election I found out the next day, we were at our lunch and the hermano was like "so, Obama won." I was like, no! Oh well all is in God's hands. I liked the Santa Claus comparision, haha. And about the riots, no I haven't heard anything about that. I don't hear much here in Savio about the Capital. But I wouldn't be surprised of it. The govt is corrupt down here, but I think that's the same for all the world. Cristina, the president, from what I hear is a lot alike Obama. Last year she gave all of the elementary school kids mini laptops. They have all of the villas down here and the police force isn't that strong. That's sad about the stuff that the states are voting for.
 
Yay bball again! haha that's awesome that Tanner and Alex both made it!! That's totally awesome! Wow, Tanner, 3 yrs straight on Varsity. And yay for Alex to be playing awesome and receiving the recognition of the other players, tha'ts going to help. I want to hear all about all of the games! I'm down hear to support you and go Lehi!! Oh yah, and don't let the cheerleaders distract you while out on the court. ;)
 
That's awesome that Braden is in two plays at the same time! haha It's going to be fun going to his high school plays, and to go to Jason's swim meets. :)
 
Thanks Rachel and Camryn for everything, I received the package with the ranch and pb and the pics and they were awesome!! :) haha That's so sweet. :) One day we are going to look back and wish to have the younger Rachel and Camryn back. haha
 
Wow, China and Korea, why not Buenos Aires? haha ;)  That's awesome, I hope that you take lots of pics and bring everybody something from China, enjoy the flights and the time in another world!
 
I'm glad that school is going good for everybody especially for Mom. :) Thanks for all that you do Mom. :) Yah this last week I didn't think a lot about you all and I was looking on the MTC entrance pics on Friday and I was remembering all that happened and how crazy it is to already have been a missionary for a year now. It's weird to think back to one year ago.  I have been reading my old journal entries to remember what happened exactly a year ago haha. I can definitely see a difference in myself, in my body and how I look. I was skinny entering into the MTC and now I'm filling in the hollow spots ;) haha, and now I know Spanish a lot better compared to a year ago haha. Everybody at home has changed a ton from a year ago, everyone looks a lot older and mature. Now we are here on the second run around, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, the last time in the mission type of days. Well now I have a year to make the best of it and to continue the work of the Lord.
 
So this last week was about the same as the last week. On Monday I did the tramites in Capital, we got back after 3 hours of traveling and we were able to go out to see Dan and Sasha. Sasha's mom just died of cancer and she was struggling with the reality.
 
Tuesday we had a training meeting for all of the leaders in the mission and trainers were invited. It was a good day of learning about our purpose as missionaries and how to ask better questions to help the investigators to understand the why of the stuff that we leave them to do. Then I got the package and I got to see all of my mission friends, it's weird to think that Elder Secretan will go home in January and Elder Rickert is going home in December. It was fun to see Elder Carlson again, he is now a DL and Elder Solum was there as well. Then we were in a hot crowded bus for an hour and a half going back home to Savio. Traveling out of and to Savio is really hard and there aren't a lot of options to take. So lots of traveling for the first two days.

Wednesday we had the district meeting and then we had a good lesson with Franco, a friend of Karina. She came with us and we got talking to him about the church and the L1 pamphlet and when he saw the pic of Jose Smith and the first vision he asked about our beliefs in the trinity and he agreed in what we think, which is the truth. He was thinking that it was a little strange in the Bible that Jesus prays to himself, it just doesn't work. He didn't come to church but we are working with him. As always it was awesome to bring Karina to the cita. She just has a fire to share the gospel and is the right member for all of our investigators.
 
It was hot all week, hitting in the 90´s a couple of times and super humid. Then on Friday a thunderstorm hit! and it was a freak rain storm. We were looking for the vianda to take it back home and we had just got to the hermana's house and it started pouring hard and it was a fun adventure traveling back through the muddy roads back home haha. We got soaked.
 
Oh, big news for me, haha, on Thursday when we got home we decided to change up the living quarters. We had been sleeping all four of us in the same room and then studying in the same other room, separated by the kitchen in the middle. So we took apart a bunk bed and put a study table and a big shelf in the other room and we separated the living space. Now me and Elder Stewart are in the old study room with a lot of more room for our stuff, it was a good year mark present to change up the living space. So now we are sleeping a lot more comfortably and now that it's hotter at night we aren't sleeping sweaty. Oh and thanks for the BYU shirt! It looks so awesome and I love it. :) That's good that BYU won :) So who might they be playing in the MWC in the Poinsetta Bowl?
 
Sunday we had two surprises come to church, Maira, a daughter of Beatriz and a friend of Anchi. Then we had ward council. I love this ward, the members are awesome and the missionaries have the support of the ward and the recent converts are really strong and want to help in the work. So we struggled finding new investigators again and all of the investigators that we have didn't come to church. The flia Alegre didn't come, we had daily contact with them and everything but still fell through. So we still have the hope that this is the week that we find new people.
 
I love you all so much and thanks for all of your support and I hope that you all have a great week in Lehi. :)
 
umm.... that's it :) until next week!

Love,
Elder Ryan Pittard

No comments:

Post a Comment