Yay for missionary work and miracles!!
Well the first pic is when we ate at the flia Acuña´s house, he's a returned missionary and is a stud of an elders quorum president. They are a nice young family and we had fun at their house. That was like 3 weeks ago.
The story of Jorgelinas baptism is so awesome, I wish I had all the time in the world to tell you all about it. Let's just say that on Thursday night we didn't think that she was getting baptized. But on Friday morning, Elder Rose, yes the same Elder Rose from Juncal, a friend, the new ZL, called us and asked us what we are going to do with Jorgelina. We had no idea, so he invited us to pray about it and find out what God wanted. Honestly, in the stress of the week and the comotion of trying to talk to her and have her baptized on the fecha for the 16th, I totally hadn't prayed about it and asked God, duh!!! So we did and received a distinct impression to call her right then and there. It was 10:30 in the morning, and with her working all night and sleeping all day I was like, really? but I didn't doubt for long and I decided to call her. The night before, I was able to talk with her right before she entered into work. She was saying that she still has all of these doubts and then I promised her that she just has to believe, I told her that she was stopping herself from recognizing the answer. So we call her and she answers! haha I was super surprised at that, then I told her that we were thinking about her and praying about her and figured that we needed to call her. She then said, well I hope that you don't get mad, but last night I realized that I do want to be baptized! I was shocked and so happy at the same time, we shouted and were celebrating. She then told us that last night after we were done talking she was really thinking about it and needed some council. She decided to call her mom and talk to her. Her mom is Catholic-Catholic, not going to change, and after a while her mom straight up asked her, do you even really want to be baptized? Then it hit Jorgelina like a rock, she just said yes, yes I do, and realized that was her answer. So we set it all up, so excited!! She passed the interview with flying colors and then she asked that I baptize her. Wow! It was fun getting wet again and it was an awesome baptism! Then she went with us to the despedida and loved it, oh and Elder Giannini finished and is going home, he is the first companion that I've had that has finished and is going home, makes me feel old. haha So that was an awesome experience and definitely helped my faith and testimony in prayer and faith.
So your week sounded nice, kinda boring, kinda normal, really sad, I was almost crying... oh well I was disappointed to hear that they lost. Oh well, enough about that, haha, thanks for the update. So wow lots of other info, fun to see the pics of the temple dedication. Then wow everyone is leaving and going all over the world! Exciting for everyone and say hi to them, I can't wait to read my friends' letters from you, that's always a blast! Haha congrats to Lehi!! That's exciting that they have a winning record for the first time in I don't know how long. Then I'm sure that Tanner had a blast, send a dance pic if you can. :) Tanner sure looks great in a pink tie haha. Congrats on getting out the product, I'm sure that was a lot of hard work with more and more work coming along, keep it up, and I'm sure that you're doing great at school Mom. :) I love you. :) Haha, yeah for scoring a goal Braden!! and Alex as well :) I hope that everyone is doing well in school. :) That's fun to have a regional conference like that and that's a lot of Mormons!! haha
Another miracle... Judith, the mom of Brigit, a recent convert (Brigit) has been investigating for a while and she was thinking about the invitation to be baptized while she was on a colectivo (bus) and she said a prayer and asked if she should be baptized for the 23rd and she said that she received a cold, yet warm, feeling at the same time and took that for her answer and she is stoked for her baptism this weekend. She's been robbed twice since that date, super sad, but she still is keeping the faith and now we have someone to work with this week. :) We also gave her a blessing of health and she said afterwords that she could feel something just pulsing through her and it was the Holy Ghost :)
So I'm doing good now and I'm looking forward to my bday on the 4th, like 2 weeks, haha and then the one year mark will hit next transfer, so that is super crazy how it's flying fast. I hope that all of my friends are doing great and are enjoying their missions like I am. :)
I know that this is the true Church and that baptism really is the door to eternal life. Last night I was talking to Jorgelina, she really has changed from since we first met her and she definitely told us when we invited her to be baptized, no, I'm catholic and I'm only wanting to know more, to the smile and joy that she has right now with her testimony in Jose Smith. :) The mission is just awesome. :) Thanks for the support and the gifts and mail and love and everything else in between. :)
I love you all with all of my heart! :)
Love,
Elder Ryan Pittard
No comments:
Post a Comment